From:
BELMONT COUNTY RACEWAY PARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 17:15:30 -0400
Hi Guys!

I have a question about the acid producing cells of a ferret's stomach.  In
humans allergies cause the acid producing cells to over produce causing
bloating, cramping and diarrhea.  Can this also happen in ferrets?  It
seems like mine have sneezing fits, then sore throats, then slimy stools.

I asked  a vet and he said he hadn't heard of it but wasn't sure if it
could happen or not.  Does anyone know the answer?

Barb
Baby, Wiggles, Patches, Jennifer, Buddy (Spud Bud)