From:
Bill Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1993 09:47:41 -0400
I know that everybody is worried about their ferrets possibly getting
this mystery virus (or whatever it is), but somebody yesterday posted
a message saying that all people talk about these days is bad things
related to ferrets, and I think it's time to change that.  So, here's
a story about why my middle ferret, Baby, got her name changed to
Boxhead Baby.  Here goes:

The first apartment that we lived in was a one bedroom apartment, so
the ferrets had free rein over the entire place.  Luckily, we only
had two ferrets at that time.  Of course, as you all know, ferrets
believe that there are mysterious doors to another world behind the
books on your bookcase, the CDs and records on their shelf, and the
most special doors are usually found behind videotapes on the bottom
shelves of bookcases.  That's where mine always looked.  I always
tried to wedge in one extra videotape so that the tapes would be too
tight for the ferrets to move, but when they worked at it, and they
always did, they could pull all of the videotapes out and play with
them on the floor.

We came home from work one day to the sound of ferrets scrapping.
You know, the chirping and clucking, and the sound of things (usually
ferrets heads) banging into something.  By the way, have you ever
noticed that ferrets' head's sound like wood when they hit floors or
doors, but, I digress.  Anyway, we love watching this fighting, but
there was Bear, our oldest ferret, just waking up, and sitting on the
sofa.  So, Baby must have been fighting with herself.  Nothing
strange, as she is a bit slow, and if a towel falls on her, will
think it's attacking and continually pounce on it.

I love to watch my ferrets playing, so I went to look for Baby,
noticing that once again, they had pulled the videotapes off of the
shelf, and this time, they had also pulled some of the videotapes out
of their boxes.  I also noticed that one of the boxes was missing,
which meant that one of the ferrets must have pulled it away with
them.  O.K., Baby really sounded like she was having a good time,
clucking and chirping really loudly in the bedroom.  So, I went into
the bedroom, only to see Baby run through my legs and into the wall.
She wasn't actually having a good time though, as she had one of the
videotape boxes stuck over her head.  She must have stuck her face
into the box really far to see what ws in the bottom, and then got
stuck.  It was funny to look at, but she was pissed.  She also was
having a very difficult time trying to get it off.  Well, at this
point Bear came over to investigate, and I took the box off of Baby's
head.  Baby was so confused, annoyed, embarrased (?) that she
instantly attacked Bear and they had a rousing game of chase me
around the house.

Thus the name Boxhead Baby.  Please send some funny ferret stories.

Bill, Bear, Baby, and Kodi