From:
Ferrets - R - uS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:11:56 -0400
I've had a horrible thing sneak up on me.

I work midnight's, so does the lady who lives in a separate apartment up
stairs.  When she left last night she set off seven yes, 7 or more, bug
foggers.  I guess she doesn't like the Ohio ladybugs that were coming out.
This was according to the landlord.  (unquote)....

When I came through the door this morning I could smell / taste the stuff
(the bug fogger).  In a near panic I darn near tore the cage apart to get
my "Main Group" out.

Mysti was already dead; little three-legged Blossom was on the floor
beside her, sides heaving.

Scooping everyone up and into the ferret taxi..  We made it to the vet in
no time but, they were so far gone.  Two more died in route.

Through this morning I've lost Mysti, my six-year-old albino girl.  She
would meet me at the door every day.  And prance till she got her
milkshake or Flaxseed oil.

Blossom, my three-legged sweetie, is gone.

From my main group:
- Sir Trouble my alpha male, my shoulder sitter
  Alice, the Queen, she had to be to be the last one out in the morning.
  She HAD to be made over.
- Moezilla, the quiet one, all she wanted from life was a place to play
  "mole"
- Lady Missy Fitt, the wise one, the thinker, my other shoulder sitter,
  drinker of my soup.
- Princess PeeWee, the "special one" my little girl, the master beggar
- Dweezle, the rocket powered sweetie boy

By a stroke of luck Angel, and her two brothers, Buddy, and Loki Bear were
with a friend, out of harms way....

The lady who lives up stairs will NOT answer her door, I know she's
home......

Darn.....Darn......Darn.....My kidders...my kidders...I wasn't home to
save them....

I can't believe no more Mysti nose bumps No more Mysti meeting me at the
door, pacing till she got her milkshake of Flaxseed oil.  No more PeeWee
napping in my fishing hat.  Or playing "bungi ferret" with the phone cord.
No more laughing at Trouble "bulldozing" the other kids trying to get them
to play, then he'd be so happy when they'd pile on him..  No more Dweezle
hopping this way and that way, not a care in the world.  No more Blossom,
staring up at me, breaking my heart as those eyes begged.

I'm sorry everyone for the length, these kids were my life, they were me.
I'm missing the group hugs.
Darn....
I'm off to pace some more.
David, missing the Brat Pak....

David & Fuzzy Kids
Hey...! Stop by my home page, visit my Ferret kids. See all the cute fuzzy
little ferret kids.....

See:
Sir Trouble Esq. <the BIG 'ol softie>
Lady Miss Fitt<the smart one of the group>
Princess PeeWee <Daddys Princess>
Alice <Queen of the fluffy kids>
MoeZilla <the blanketmole>
Dweezle <the never ending bundle of energy>
And Blossom <the three legged blur from Hell, nothing stopps her>
and of course,
Mysti <daddys lap buddy>
And introducing "Angel" The Dew
Loki, the shy one