From:
reanee gladden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2007 14:10:26 +0000
I just have to write this, because I am so very grateful to Lori, for
giving me the chance to be part of these two ferrets lives. My baby's
came to me through Dee Gage, a friend and a person I am also grateful
to for these kids.

I have two of the DMK ferrets. Lyndy who came to me because we thought
she was prego. Turns out she wasn't and in the end I am very glad she
was not. She was confined away from my other ferrets for about a month.
She was skittish and a biter, but not near as bad a biter as I had
thought she would be.

I would go into her room and she would dart off under the bed. She did
not like to be held at all. I worked every day with her. Baby food was
the key to turning this little gal around. Every night I put her in my
lap and spoon feed her, I would rub her little front feet while she
ate, and run my hands over her head and body. She loves baby food. I
fianly gained her full trust and haven't been bitten in ages, nor
does she even think about it any more. I introd her to my own ferrets
gradualy, beside a couple tiny squables, she fit in well.

I had gone to a meeting at Dee's house and there sittiin in the cage
was this beautiful fat fluffy, champagne boy. I was smitten at first
site. He was so huge!!!!!!! He and his room mate were out playing in a
play pen and he was so funny to watch. I ended up taking this boy home
two weeks later. I named him Grissom... The only bitting from him I
worry about is my neck. If I hold him and cuddle he wants a taste, but
he is not hand shy, nor afraid of much. He hangs his head and goes
totaly limp when he gets the back rub.

To watch him play is just unbeleivable. He is so bulky when he throws
hims self around even he doesn't know where he will end up. He is
clutzy, and very ungraceful. He loves being held and his eyes roll back
in his head when you hold him and rub on him.... He is a gem....

Both he an Lyndy have been fixed, but not decented and are now ferrets
knowing how to play and trust people. Lyndy is still a bit scared when
a new person come into her area. But I go up to clean the kids and she
is there right on my lap, begging to be picked up. What a turn around
with her.

I am so amazed at the differance in the bodys of these two compared
with my Marshal ferrets. The necks so tight and big and thick... The
muscle tone so firm. The size. Even though Grissom is the same length
as my Marshal boys, there is such a huge diff. in the bulk of these
guys.... Oh and the smell of a whole male is unbelievable!!!!! Happy
to say that is so much better since the fix.

I got to help the vet during their surgerys. It was awsome. He
snip,snipped, they woke up and they went home with me right away.

Both ferrets now live with my own ferrets and fit in so well I can't
get over it........I will never regret taking in these two kids. I paid
for their vet bills out of my own pocket. I am so lucky to have a vet
that gives me a wonderful price on surgery and ferret care. I don't
think any other vet is as fair as he is on pricing....... I can't tell
how nervous I was though over those surgeries. My girl friend said to
me, well when was the last time you took a healthy ferret in for a
surgery. Gee think about.........

I am so grateful to Lori for the chance to have these two ferrets in my
life. If she had not done what she did, no matter how she did it, they
would still be sittin out in those tiny cages in the outdoors, and
Lyndy might be having kits. Instead they are family members, loved and
living a full life of fun and food, and companions. The most important
thing is they are loved and adored. Living, not existing.....

Oh and I got real kisses from my little bitter Lyndy the other day.....
talk about a wow factor.

I am grateful to get the chance to have late alter ferrets in my life.
If it wasn't for Lori and her crew this would have never happened.

Reanee Gladden