From:
"Margaret Zick (and Stan, Ollie and Jezebel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 21:50:59 -0500
We have unfortunately been hit with ece.  Most of my nine are doing fine but
I have one, Stan, who has been hit really hard by it.  He has lost about
200g and has been in the hospital twice in the last 10 days for dehydration.
He was also diagnosed with cystitis and was on albon twice a day for 8 days.
He has been taken off that.  Our vet thinks he has had a reaction to it, his
nose and belly around his rectum are bright red.  She has put him on 62.5 mg
of metronidazole, for diarrhea, twice a day.

I have been feeding him duck soup and today switched to straight sustecal.
I have also started giving him pedialyte.  We can't keep him hydrated and
the vet doesn't want to keep giving him such large amounts of sub-q fluids.

Stan is a little over a year old and seemed in good health before this.  We
are starting to worry about underlying problems.  If anyone has any
suggestions please email me at [log in to unmask]  Thanks for your help in
advance.

Margaret and the worried Zick Zoo