From:
Michael Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 08:11:17 PDT
Keith Buell writes of Phoebe:
> Montgomery has been very good about using the pan, and he
> doesn't play around in it very much. Phoebe, on the other hand,
> likes to dig around in the box.

Keith,

Try putting Phoebe's poops from outside the litter box *in* the litter
box whenever she's pooped in the other corner.  This will help reinforce
the use of the box.

Also, when you clean the litter box leave some poops in it -- the box
won't be so much fun to play in when it's a little dirty.

Don't stop what you're doing.  It sounds like you're on the road to
success, but it'll take some time (some ferrets even forget after using
the litter box successfully for some time, and then you have to do some
retraining)!  :)

-- Mike
   Squirt - Poops in the corner when we don't pay enough attention.
   Pippi  - A knucklehead to train, but one of the best now.
   Atlas  - *Sigh*, he's *still* learning!
   Hijinx - Consistently inconsistent.

Michael C. Burkard        |              _     Dancing Dookers
Xerox, Rochester, NY USA  |       _____C .._.  Delightfully Digging!
[log in to unmask]     |  ____/     \___/   Feisty Fuzzies in a
My opinions only.         | <____/\_---\_\     Frenzied Frollick!