From:
adwyckoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 08:43:58 CDT
Syber gave me a real fright the other night.  She was playing and then came
into the room where I was talking on the phone.

She laid down but looked like she didn't feel well, she had the hick-ups
also.  Then she got up and took off.  I got off the phone and went to her
cage and there she was laying across the open door with her head hanging
inside.  I picked her up and knew she was alive because she was still was
hick-uping but, her body was limp.  I pushed up with her legs and nothing!
I rushed into the kitchen not knowing if I should give her sugar water or
Gator-aide.  My son came to help and Syber started to crawl up my shoulder.
I gave her Gator-aide and she drank and drank.  I had to pull the cup away
from her to slow her down.  Then she took some sugar water from the
syringe.  It wasn't hot in the house, she has 2 water bottles in the cage(
it sits on the floor).  My son thinks the ferrets were playing too hard.  I
checked her through-out the night and she has acted like nothing is wrong
except the next night she went to the cage looked up at my son, who was
putting everyone to bed, and climbed into the cage-she's never done that
before!  I put a gator-aide bottle in the cage for her that night.  She
loves it!  I would think it was the dead ferret syndrome but she wasn't
asleep.