Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:00:27 -0400
I wonder if anyone else has seen this problem before because I'm more than a
little worried.  Last Sunday I noticed that my 3 1/2 yr old male's urine was
green!  I don't mean a little green, I mean dark, forest green!  He doesn't
appear to be sick in any other way, but I brought him to the vet first thing
on Monday anyway.  I'm visitng my parents up in Maine so I had to bring him
to the local vet.  She took a urine sample and found nothing wrong, and then
she took some blood, and found nothing wrong.  She gave me an antibiotic and
a vitamin to give him twice a day.  Scooter's "condition" is getting a
little better, but hasn't cleared up completely.  I would appreciate
anyone's comments or suggestions.  Please reply directly to [log in to unmask]
(I'll only be on here until Monday).

I'm fairly certain this vet had very little experience with ferrets, so I'm
not real comfortable with the situation.  The vet said that one of the local
ferret-shelter people was in the office that day and commented that she had
never seen anything like it before!

Thanks,
Kathy