From:
Carl Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 00:21:18 -0400
Hi,

    As a new FMLer and a new ferret owner, please bare with me as I get the
terms under control.  We (my best friend and I) share two "carpet-sharks".
I don't know if "share" is appropriate.  You see, we own them but they live
at her house.(I have a husband, she doesn't).  Anyway, Rascal is a 4 month
old male sable and Digger is a 3 month old male white-footed sable.  They
are the best pets or should I say friends, you could ever ask for.  Rascal
and Digger are two healthy and happy guys.  Digger has micro-opthalmia.  All
I know is the slits where the eyes are didn't open wide enough for his eyes
to develop all the way.  He looks like a mole.  He sees perfectly fine, but
if there is anyone out there who could shed some light on this disorder it
would be greatly appreciated.

    When I first thought about purchasing a ferret I was skeptical.  After
talking to a few people, I decided I was ready for a challenge and purchased
Rascal.  Then a month later, we saw Digger and scooped him up.  I am so glad
the FML is around to answer questions that would normally cost an arm and a
leg at the vet.  For instance in the week on the FML, it has already
answered my questions about power eating and that strange bluish-black skin.

BTW, my guys love bathtime!!!

                   anyways, mail me at

                   thanx,
                   Krista, Tracey (humans)