From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 09:56:30 -0500
I just wanted to give everyone BIG's mailing address, in case you'd like to
send him a holiday card to thak him for his hard work on this list EVERY day
of the year.  I found this address in the STAR database on the Web:

Bill Gruber
P.O. Box 6179
NY, NY  10150

Also, I was appalled to read about the situation in Spokane, as I'm sure the
rest of you were.  I went ahead and forwarded the information to a contact
at PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) with whom I've worked
before.  From other experiences working with them in the past, I've found
that they tend to contact the authorities involved, and also file amicus
curae (sp?) letters for the judge in these cases.  The letters basically
state that the XX number of PETA members in that geographical area are
appalled by this abuse of animals, and goes on to provide documentation
showing that people who abuse animals are proven to have a tendency to go on
to abuse other people.  Let's hope it helps.

- Ela

    ___     ___
   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483

[Moderator's note: Well, sure, I enjoy getting cards, and will try to
acknowledge them, even if by email, but what I'd like even more than cards
is for subscribers to put a dollar in an envelope and send it off to their
favorite shelter.  I don't NEED cards -- but our shelters NEED dollars.
Thanks for considering helping.

By the way -- I got my first card of the season a couple of days ago, and
it was from someone who posted in this very issue.  Thank you.  BIG]