From:
Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 19:31:02 -0400
I really get a chuckle out of the term "draggy butt"!!!!  All of my ferrets
seem/seemed to have this same problem.  When Charity and Sobriety were
alive, they would use the litter box and then promptly drag their bottoms
across my pink, plush carpet as if it were a deluxe form of Charmin!  This
was especially a problem when they fell ill and had a bit of the runs.
Misty always uses the litter box and she also drags her bottom across the
carpet when finished her business.  To solve the problem of dirty carpets,
we went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of hand towels ( about the
size of 2 1/2 wash cloths) and put half under the box with half sticking out
in front of the box.  This method seems to work very well for everyone -- we
keep our carpets clean and Misty has something soft to scoot her bottom
across.  Now, if I could only figure out how to keep her from carpet
sharking across the floor after a dose of ferretvite!!!!  :))))))

Julie and The Fuzz Factory - Misty
In Loving Memory of Charity and Sobriety

MAY THE ANGEL OF PEACE WATCH OVER YOU TODAY AND EVERYDAY