From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 14:43:17 -0500
Our Ayla's butt swelled up about 3 weeks into bringing her home
initially. She went to the vet immediately.  She was 10.5 weeks old and
the day before she got down inside the couch with her experienced older
sisters.  Being so young, I thought she might have swallowed some foam
from the couch.  Dr. Williams agreed.  I gave her an inch-inch and a
half of Petromalt daily to help pass anything that was gathered there.
The morning that I discovered her bum protruding and blood red I rushed
her over to the vet and he said that she had some kind of intestinal
infection and treated it with antibiotics.  He even took her temperature
(ouch) and she was running a fever.  After returning home, I was still
leary that she might have ate the foam so I contacted Dr. Williams.  So
in addition to the Petromalt, she had the antibiotics and within 3 days
it was cleared up.

Michelle