From:
"Wambo Douglas R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 08:09:00 CDT
To Jason Stewart,

Jason,  The symptoms you are describing look very much like insulinoma.  I
assume since you say your ferret has gained weight, that she has a pot belly,
but the rest of her is skin and bones.  This is exactly what triggered my
trip to the vet with my late ferret JJ.  I was too late too save him.  Have
your vet check her blood sugar level...  The way it was explained to me, the
pancreas produces extra insulin which drives to metabolism higher and the
animal basically starves to death even though it is eating fine.  I would
take your ferret to the vet ASAP and print a copy of the FAQ's for your vet
as well.  Sometimes all it takes is a little info for a vet to say Oh Yea,
didn't think to check for that.  I may be way off base on this, but since I
lost JJ I am running scared when it comes to insulinoma.  I assume you'll get
worth.

Douglas