From:
DRhoads2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:00:09 -0000
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: money, money and more money
>But it kind of gets my goat for people to ask for money for a situation
>>they created.  I'm talking about the guy in Ca.  with the 13 confiscated
>ferrets.  You can't tell me that he didn't know they were illegal.  He was
>on this list.  I'm really sorry that he got caught, but he shouldn't have
>had them in the first place.  He took a risk and lost, why should we pay
>for that?

As I understand it and I may be wrong but I think Mark was running a small
shelter in his home.  True he may have started with 1 or more ferrets on
his own, but took some as rescues.  Now possibly he did create the
situation but why was that.  Because he did not want to see the ferrets
destroyed or die a horrible death.  Hmm.

Of course he knew they were illegal but there are a lot of things that
people do every day that are illegal which doesn't make it right but they
do them anyway.  But that is a legal issue not a moral issue.  What about
the moral issue of the situation.  Do the ferrets deserve to die just
because F&D gestopo enforce this particular law and not others.  Hmm
interesting

And the money issue as I understand it is to get the ferrets out of the
state and not for the individual.  And he has not asked but other people
have asked for him and to relieve the suffering of the ferrets.  The
ferrets didn't do anything wrong other than to live in a state that is
stupid and moronic.

I am owned by ferrets, ten to be exact, 6 I have got at pet stores and 4 I
have gotten because people no longer wanted them but if they became illegal
here I would still have them and would would still help others that needed
it and take my chances on the law as he did.

Remember here though when shelters and people ask for money they are asking
on behave of the animals they love and care for who can not ask for
themselves and the real victims not for themselves.  Mark if convicted is
probably going to get a fine, maybe probation and I doubt nothing more but
the ferrets get executed.

Just my 2 cents worth

Dennis
The Terror Ten

PS Flame if you must I have broad shoulders but along with those shoulders
comes a very sharp tongue.