From:
Denise Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:36:04 CDT
**As alway's I would like to send a little prayer to all the Ferrets**
  that have entered the Rainbow Bridge and that their parents find
                comfort in this time of sorrow.

I am writing about the Super Pet hammocks.  I talked with Joe from Neeps
(The Ferret Store) today.  Joe has been much comfort with the passing of
Sherman and also helped me conact Dave from Super Pets.  In the recent
post I mention (recall), this I misunderstood from Joe.

The Ferret playpens were actually redesign for safety because of the chains
on them.  Causing ferrets toes to get tangled in them, but I was told they
cause no problems with a recall.  Joe has been a great help with Sherman
and this hammock.  And I appreciate The Ferret Store helping Sherman and
me out with solving this issue.

Shortly after talking with Joe, I received a Call from Dave at The
International Super Pets.  Dave was very kind and apologized for Sherman's
death from the Hammock.  I was told that My Sherman was the first and only
death that had occur from this particular hammock.  I also was told that
these hammocks and other products were tested in their lab.  Dave also
apologized for the way things were handle when I first called them on
Wednesday.  Also Dave assure me that these hammocks would be recheck for
workmanship.  I discuss the lining on the hammock.  Especially with Sherman
becoming entangled inside.  And the lining acted like a rope causing
Sherman to slowly have his blood flow cut off.  I also discuss ways of
preventing this from happening to another ferret.

****IF YOU DO HAVE A FERRET FUZZIE E FLOOR HAMMOCK OR ANY HAMMOCK****
        PLEASE STILL CHECK YOUR HAMMOCK FERRETS ARE DIGGERS
              LOSING A LOVED PET IS SO HARD TO ACCEPT

I also would like to thank everyone that has wrote and called me on the
death of Sherman.  Again, Thank You Joe at THE FERRET STORE, All my
friends & family on Fml for caring about my Precious Little Sherman.

The Ferret Mama
Denise Peddington Davis
The Ferret Mama's Haven Rescue/Shelter