From:
The Walkers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 17:37:43 -0400
I've had it!  And it's not very fun.  All it is, really, is a fungus.
Although cats tend to get it and transmit it to others, ferrets tend to not
get it!  I was absolutely amazed to hear that!  Now, this doesn't mean that
there have not been any instances, but it's rather difficult to transmit it!
Their skin is tough and fungi find it easier to grow on other things.  My
Gambit, who sleeps next to my tummy every night never got it and that was
where I had it...yuck!  Not fun, but once medicated, it disappeared.
Hoo-rah for medical science!  (And yes, I do believe it was first tested
out on animals as most things are) BTW, veterinarians tend to have a way of
testing for the ringworm fungus...it's by using a black-light!  Sure enough,
I glowed, but Gambit didn't.

Audrey Walker
Gambit (ewww...that's what THAT was?)
DaVinci (I'm gonna pout if you don't give me raisins...hmmph!)
Alaska (I've GOTTA find a way into Haley's cage...)
Haley (Keeeep herrrrr away from meeeee!)
Duncan (Worms?  Where are they?  Lemme at 'em!)
Little Guy (If I look up reaaallly cute-like, mommy, you'll give ME the
raisins, right?)
Nicole (Licking eyebrows is tons better than any raisin!)