From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:48:46 -0400
My sympathy goes out to all who have lost ferrets lately.  I try to isolate
myself while reading of the loss of friends, but Nancy your loss of Albert
made my heart break and brought back the tears I have shed for Sebastian and
Mako.  Not good because I'm at work and have been asked what's wrong by two
coworkers.  It's funny in away that such a small four legged animal can
bring so much joy to us in such a short life spand.

On a brighter note, I introduced my newest ferret Taz to some children the
other day.  I presented Taz butt first ofcourse.  I live in a kill in test
state.  They had so many questoins and ofcourse I have all the right
answers.  These kids were all girls ranging from 4 to 8 years old.  The only
one that didn't like Taz was the mother.  She didn't come within ten feet of
us.  Atleast she let the children pet her.  The youngest girl wanted to hold
Taz.  I would not let her.  I will not let anyone hold my kids till the
state changes the law.  Also Taz is a hand full.  She has not yet mastered
the fact that she shouldn't nip.  I've only had her for a couple of weeks
now and she is only 4 months old.

As for the kill and test of rabies for this state.  We are hoping that will
change by January first of 1999.  It seems like along ways away, but atleast
we have a very, very good chance the bill will pass the house and senate
sometime in early 1998.

Well take care everyone.

Brad, Tasha and Taz the spaz.
Palmbay, Florida.