From:
"Upchurch, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:58:12 -0600
Greetings to all!!!

We (me and my boyfriend) just purchased another ferret from PetCo.  He
wanted a boy since the house if full of women, Me, Gigi (ferret) and
Sophie (dog)....so we got Tazz (boy).

He was very playful and he and Gigi got along great.  Well, the next
morning I noticed some greenish poop.  Didn't know who did it...but took
them both to the vet to get tested for ECE.  Dr. Jordan said that Tazz had
a very mild case and to treat Gigi as well since she was exposed to him.
They haven't slowed down a bit.....playing, eating, drinking, etc.  I'm
giving them both amoxicilan (sp?) drops and keeping my eye on them.  My
question is....since they are both so young and seem to be getting it over
very quickly...is there chance of them getting it again??  And, we got him
from the same PetCo as Gigi.,..how do you know if one is exposed or not.
I certainly wouldn't have gotten him if I knew he had ECE.

Thanks for your comments.....dooks to all!!!

Lisa Upchurch

Live well, Laugh often, Love much...