Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 02:12:37 -0400
I have a few questions for Juan Manuel who asked a question about vaccines
in issue 1300: first, since you mention ferret vets in Mexico I assume
that means there are ferrets in Mexico as well.  How popular are they and
are they kept as pets or for hunting?  Are they legal in all states and is
it easy to transport them from the US to Mexico, say, for a vacation?  Are
the ferrets there generally bred there or are they Marshall farms ferrets?
Where can they be purchased?  And my final question is: What are they
called in (Mexican) Spanish?  My husband is Mexican and I have a hard time
explaining to his family what my funny pet is.  I have just referred to
him as a "comadreja" (weasel).  The dictionary I have refers to ferrets as
"huron" and to hunting with ferrets as "huronear".  Me daria mucho gusto
comunicarme con Ud.  sobre el tema de las "viboras peludas" y espero su
respuesta!!!  Gracias!!

L.A.P.  (pocha) y Oskar(el pulgoso)