From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 21:14:43 -0400
Well, it's been a long hot summer, and I'm back on the FML.  During my
absence I've completed my Army education requirement for promotion to LTC -
the U.S.  Army Command and General Staff Course, as well as several other
requirements for promotion.  During this time, I've also taken an excellent
promotion photo - (maybe one day I'll share a picture of Dr. Williams with a
"high and tight" - although I doubt it), received a medal from the U.S.
Army Veteirnary Corps for my work as Webmaster of the U.S.  Army Veterinary
Corps Home Page (http://vetpath1.afip.mil/Vet_Services/VS.html), and am
awaiting another medal from the AFIP (it's amazing what comes together when
you're up for promotion.) And the new academic year starts in one week......

Although I may have been out of the loop for several months, don't think
that I haven't been monitoring the FML.  There's a lot of terriffic vets out
there taking time to answer the medical questions, and a lot of the non-vets
have been doing a pretty wonderful job also.  This has allowed me to take
some time to ensure my "day job" continues as planned.

As many of you know, I have a private practice, AccuPath, where I do a lot
of low-cost work for ferret practitioners.  Although the Army doesn't allow
me to work with ferrets to the extent I have in the past, AccuPath allows me
to interact with many practitioners working with ferrets in my off hours.
AccuPath is doing quite well, and will continue to provide a service to
practitioners around the United States....

Well, that's my report on my "summer vacation".  I've also been in touch
with many of you on an offline basis, to try to help with ferret medical
crises.  I'll be hopefully back in evidence on the FML, although I've
noticed the number of vet questions appears to be far too many for me to
answer all of them (BIG - you're just TOO successful).

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP              Chief Pathologist, AccuPath
Dept. of Veterinary Pathology               [log in to unmask]
Armed Forces Institute of Pathology