From:
Joe Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 02:50:37 +0800
I replied to Anonymous Poster's questions with an exceptionally thorough
and well-written post yesterday, but my email account ate it before it
got out.  Here's a poor substitute:

#1 While Senator Dunn will probably not be voting on SB1093 again, he may
very well vote on another ferret bill in the future.  So, it won't hurt to
respond to his concerns, and, you can send a copy of the same letter to
your assemblymember and the governor, since they may share his concerns.
We must always "keep on keepin' on."

Tell Senator Dunn that Fish and Game have already completed the study he
wants to wait for.  He can view a 14 page summary online at
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/hcpb/survey.html .  What did they find?  No feral
ferrets anywhere in the US, including California.

Ask Senator Dunn how amnesty would make ferrets more dangerous to
California agriculture than allowing them to remain outside the law, with
no neutering or vaccination requirement.  SB1093 was not full legalization,
just amnesty.

Advise Senator Dunn that both the Orange County Register and the Long Beach
Press-Telegram have endorsed ferret amnesty (and full legalization).

Read http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/01/44/news-infante.shtml and
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/00/01/news-young.shtml and
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-000056450jul09.story .
Highlight and mail him your favorite parts.

I'm sorry to hear you have to move to Hawaii.  Do you have a boat?  If
not, Ferrets Anonymous can help you find a good home for your critters.
http://www.ferretsanonymous.com/meetings.html

Good luck, and thanks for getting involved!

--
The Beach Boyz*
Surf on over to http://Beach_Boyz.go.cc

Californians for Ferret Legalization http://www.ferretnews.org