From:
Chris Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:35:49 -0800
Preceding this should be a note I forwarded to the FML from Pat's friend
Jim.  I can't post the entire article due to copyright laws, but I will
send the article to anyone who requests it.  The title reads:

Ferret Activist Gets 45 Days in the Hole
Tells Judge He Prefers Jail to Home Pet Inspections
Feb. 8, 2000

By Randy Dotinga

It has been a sad, frustrating week for CA ferret owners, especially those
in the San Diego area.  While not everyone may agree with Pat's methods,
he has been dealt some nasty turns as he tries to get ferrets legalized.
On this case alone, he ran across a judge who would not let the issue of
domestic vs. wild/illegal be heard.

Those of you who want to help in anyway feel free to contact me.  We need
to gather the forces and let the public know what one incredibly stupid
law is doing to people.

Chris K.
Ferrets Anonymous Lost/Found Coordinator
Ferrets Anonymous San Diego East County Chair
619-440-8823