From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:42:22 -0400
>Actually, Bill received a warning in writing about an action that was in
>violation of the standards the AFA has set for judges.

This is an inaccurate statement.  No written warning was received.

Unless you count the time you were bashing me several times on a mail
list such that you were in violation of the AFA policies for judges.

There was only one written "complaint: about me from an exhibitor.  That
was in an email that I took the initiative to answer.  The exhibitor came
to realize that it was a mistake in understanding of how a particular case
was to be handled.  The other two judges in that class handled the ferret's
scoring in the same manner as I.  So that one shouldn't "count".  That one
complaint was withdrawn by the submitter despite the lethargic pace at
which the judge's co-ordinator handled the case.  That was not at all about
my handling of ferrets, it was about a decision that you arrived at jointly
with me regarding not disqualifying a ferret that still had stitches from
surgery.

>That along with numerous written complaints from the ferret community
>about his handling of ferrets in the ring

You are mistaken Vickie.  The complaints have been about you and Marty
Gosnell.  By several people in Pennsylvania for you and by an actual
animal control officer though out of her jurisdiction for Ms. Gosnell
while in New Jersey.  Both incidents received attention here on the FML.

>Two strikes and your out, simple as that.

That was NOT the AFA written policy that was in effect.  Since there were
also numerous (as in well over two) complaints about two other judges that
were an embarrassment at the last time the AFA was invited to judge in
Chicago.  Nothing happened to them its odd that you make that claim.

But since you did receive complaints about your handling of ferrets and
you were guilty of speaking ill about another judge, shouldn't that be
your two strikes?  Are you still in the AFA judge's program?

>Please send this information in detail, via snail mail to the AFA office
>for review.

We've already discussed it with several board members that are more
honest and with our attorney.

But can I assume you are now disavowing the claims you've been making to
others concerning why you broke the rules to get rid of me after bragging
about it to others including Anne Ryan.  The defamatory accusations have
varied depending upon to whom you were talking.

Your claim is that there were numerous complaints about my handling of
ferrets though you never mentioned this before.  Shouldn't I have been
allowed to see any accusations against me?  Why was this handled
differently that the reports about you and and that other senior
judge/breeder?

Your claim about my abilities flies counter to the opinions of everybody
that I have talked to.

But now is this your official stated reasons so all those that have heard
otherwise can assume you were mistaken when you told them other things?

bill killian

[Moderator's note: Not sure this will be resolved on the FML.  If the
debate seems to be dragging on I'll offer each party an opportunity for
a final statement and take it off-list.  BIG]