From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 02:14:51 -0800
    To Kristen Thelander;

    Yes, back in March I let my crew out and my Squeeky was lying there with
her eyes half open, gently curled up like when sleeping.  I nudged her & no
response.  I picked her up & she was not even warm, so she passed on
sometime during the night.  She was about 6, but showed no signs of
sickness, and nothing unusual like Nikki's blood on the teeth.  That sounds
very strange if it came from her.  I was going thru grieving but also
wondering if I should have been more aware of something, etc..  The usual
somehow I should have known & done something.  I'm learning over time that
some things we just can't do very much about.

    My Son helped when he said that she went in her sleep, maby of some sort
of heart failure, but at home, with her family, and if you have to go, what
better way could there be.  It seemed to help as I pondered it over the next
few days.

    I had Squeeky examined and the only thing found was a very large spleen.
The reason for doing so was to try & learn if there is something I could
watch out for & maby do something about with the others in the future.

    Squeeky was perhaps a bit slow, and I wondered if she was nearsighted as
if she first woke up & I put my fingers in the cage to stroke her, she'd
bite one, I think mistaking it for food, as then she'd release it & look
like "I'm sorry, I'm not awake yet".  She was only my second ferret & so had
received little benefit of things I learned dealing with Timmy's lymphoma &
healing.

    My condolences as you walk thru the grieving process.
    Take care, Gary

Violence is not strength,  Compassion is not weakness.    From Camelot.