From:
Teresa SCOTT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:17:40 +0000
>From:    S OWINGS <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hello everyone I am seeking donations to help a little boy all alone at
>Petco near my home he has no other ferrets and when I was there today
>and played with him for a few minutes he didn't want to go back into
>the cage.  The Ransom as I call it is US$99.99...

In reference to the lady who would like donations to "rescue" the ferret
from Petco.  I think it is wonderful to want to give the lil guy a home.

But I do have a problem with not being able to afford the $100.00 to
buy him.  If you cannot afford the smallish sum of $100, what will you
do when the ferret needs medical attention?  It costs us atleast $50
everytime we take one of our ferrets in to see our vet, and that is with
a well ferret.  If the ferret is sick it can go upwards of a $1000 or
more..

I, too, want to "rescue" every ferret I see that seems to be unhappy in
a cage at some store.  But I have to trust that the person that buys him
will fall completely in love, like my family and I have and give the
ferret a GREAT home!

If the wee ferret does have medical problems while at the store, you
can bring it to the staffs attention.  If you feel they are not doing
enough..  Turn them in to your animal protection agency.

Be well,
Teresa with 5 skinkids and 9 furkids