Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:59:14 -0400
We are looking from some input from folks - older more than younger (our
seniors that is) who have been denied the choice of a ferret as a pet in
NH public housing -- or any rented housing for that matter.  There is an
attempt being made to incorporate ferrets as a companion animal listed as
allowable in the public housing sector.  Currently in NH (and most other
states) seniors are allowed to have the following- cats, dog, fish or bird
as a companion animal.  If there are any seniors in the readership who
have been denied a ferret as a companion animal due to classification
restrictions or otherwise-- who would be willing to submit a written
statement to the hearings process.  PLEASE - email me at the above
address....

Thanks

alicia
a friend of ferrets