Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:57:10 -0400
I have just recently been adopted by a sweet, adorable ferret.  Her last
mommy is sick and has to move to South America.  Rascal is such a great
ferret.

I wanted a friend for my 7 yr old ferret, Delia.  Delia is the last of
4.  The third ferret died right after Christmas and Delia and I were
heart broken.  She hasn't been the same since.  She has just recently
been diagnosed with an adrenal tumor.  My wonderful vet, Dr. Horn in
Mercerville, NJ, is also keeping an eye on her blood sugar levels.  The
sample he sent to the lab found her blood sugar to be low.  The poor
baby is losing her hair, she itches and she sleeps a lot.

When I read Penny's letter on the FML, I knew Rascal would be perfect for
Delia.  When I spoke to Penny on the phone, I was sure.

I've only had Rascal for a week, but I loved her the moment I saw her.
She is soooooooo adorable.  She's five years old and still plays like a
kit.  She's gotten Delia out of her bed and playing.  I really think
Delia has gotten better because she has a friend to play with.  Rascal
was an only ferret and doesn't know the fun of snuggling with another
ferret.  Delia has tried and tried, but just can't seem to get it into
Rascal's silly head that ferret spaghetti is the greatest way to sleep.
See, Rascal has never played or seen another ferret.  Delia is very
patient.  She'll keep trying to convince Rascal that it's not always
playtime when she gets under the blanket with her.

I've adopted 5 out of the 7 ferrets I've had.  I highly recommend
adopting, especially if it's your first one.  They give so much love.
I promise you won't be sorry you did.

Laura
Intaxication
Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was
your money to start with.