From:
Dee Vecchione <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:20:12 -0400
I'm sure you folks have already thought of this, but just in case, I
thought I would mention it anyway.  You should take advantage of all
the wonderful literature available about ferrets.  Take some copies of
Ferrets, Ferrets USA, and Modern Ferret Magazine to the meeting.  You
might also want to take some copies of the various calendars that are
available.  My Teddy, who has been at the Bridge for a while now, is
the August ferret, in Ferrets of the FML.  (Thought I would take the
opportunity to slide that in there!) <VBG>  The Ferret Calendar should
also give those councilmen the warm fuzzies.  Kim Shillings Ferret for
Dummies would also be a good choice.  Let the councilman flip through
the pages.  I don't know how they could view ferrets as dangerous or a
threat to public safety, after that.

The home photos are great ideas, too, but I think something that is a
respected publication might carry some extra weight and show just how
much of a following ferrets have.

Good luck!

Dee in Ohio