From:
Sydney Chadwycke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:15:50 EST
>From:    Sandi Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: a fert needs a home ASAP [AL]
>
>I've been in touch with a lady who needs to place her Tootie in a new
>home.  This fert is in the Pell City,Al area.If Ann or Lisa will email
>me,I've had computer problems.
>
>Or if one of you on this list wants to give Tootie a home,email me &
>I'll give her humans email addy to you.

Hi Sandi!  I just wanted to let you know that although I cannot take this
ferret in myself, I would be available to help get her to her new home
if you find one.  I will also post a note to the general board to this
effect, in case it encourages someone who lives a bit further away to try
to take her.  I live in Birmingham, about half an hour from Pell City.
I'm staying in a tiny house with my sister's family, having been driven
out of Pensacola, FL, by Hurricanes Ivan, Dennis and Katrina, and my
Pug and four ferrets are already pushing the limits of my sister's
generosity. :)

I would, however, be able and willing to pick up this ferret "Tootie" and
drive it as far away as 200-250 miles to help her find a forever home.
My time and gas money would be a donation to her cause, so I wouldn't be
asking anything of anyone.  If we cannot find her a home and if The
Ferret and Dove Sanctuary in Pensacola could perhaps take her in, I could
possibly even get her all the way down to Pensacola.  Just let me know if
I can help.

Also, I just wanted to take this opportunity to let you know how much I
admire your dedication to ferrets.  It's such a shame that you had to
shut down your rescue shelter, but it's always amazing to me how long you
shelter folks are able to hang on before the expenses just get to be too
much!  I had sponsored a couple of your little guys for last year's
Giving Tree, and I had been praying for things to turn around for you.
Good luck there in Florida...I'm going to keep my eye on the next couple
of hurricane seasons and may be back down there myself within a year or
two.  Again, thank you for everything you've done for the unwanted and
abused and elderly ferrets, Sandi!

Sydney Chadwycke