From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 22:04:27 EST
On Monday my daughter and I traveled 1.5 hours inland to get a rescued
ferret. A man that knew the owner, was appalled at how the ferret was
being kept and took him after the owner stated that he was going to tie
him out on the sidewalk with a free sign on him. Stewie was living in a
small cage with 5" of poop in the bottom, walking and sleeping on wire,
no bedding, no loose time, no love. The man that rescued him couldn't
keep him. Stewie is a HUGE, gorgeous, sweet ferret who is deaf and
partially blind. His age is unknown but I'm thinking with his white
shiny teeth that he's not too old.

Yesterday I took Cutie Pootie to the vet because she was having
difficulty urinating. She was a tiny, fluffy albino sweetheart who
was adrenal with an implant. She and her cage mate Lady Leda had been
brought to me by the parents of a teenage girl who had discovered boys
and no longer paid attention to them. Lady Leda had left some time ago
for the Rainbow Bridge. After giving Pootie an ultrasound the vet said
there was a huge tumor that was preventing her from urinating properly.
There was no hope, so I held her as she lapped Ferretone and left for
the Bridge. She spent the day in with her cagemates so they could
grieve and then my daughter and I buried her at dusk.

Nancy and her 17, welcoming big Stewie and grieving for my little
sweetheart Cutie Pootie