Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 14:20:47 -0500
Not quite a ferret but ssshhhh don't tell her that. Drum roll
please.... Introducing Serena, protectress of fuzzies!

Serena is a lhasa-cocker (is that Lhacker???) cross and was 11 weeks
old on Friday. Serena has been part of our family for 3 weeks and she
is doing very well with the ferrets. We had a rough start, Serena has
severe Mega-esophagus and the barium xrays caused our vet to give her
a very dim prognosis. Thanks to two very dear friends, Autumn and
Nate, for taking her after her diagnosis for a couple days while I
straightened and strengthened my heart and spirit for our journey
ahead.

This morning Serena and her brother, Akari (Nate and Autumn have him)
saw our vet for their shots, and our vet was amazed that Serena is
doing so well. When he first saw her she was timid and shy. The ferrets
have done their work well with Serena, she is now a joyful, curious,
playful puppy (though a bit calmer than most pups her age).

While at home, Serena wrestles with some of the ferrets (Bear and
Pharoah and Sully), lays in their beds and floor hammocks, eats their
food (which apparently is good nutrition for mega-e puppies...), chases
them into tubes, runs around with their crochetted rattle egg toys,
lines up for her ferret N-bone along with the others, tries to find her
toys that the ferrets have stashed, uses the ferret door to go out in
the enclosure, and tries to snuggle with the ferrets and can't figure
out why they keep getting up and leaving.

Beezel likes to zoom through the house hoping Serena will chase him,
Tito scream/barks at her anytime she gets close, Simba looks wide eyed
and very confused - unsure of what this 6.5 lb furry creature is. It's
interesting to watch the different responses of the ferrets. :-)

tle
wwww.ferretfamilyservices.org
Kansas

[Posted in FML 6293]