From:
shawnandlori <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:55:27 -0400
I've received an overwhelming amount of emails from you FMLers
regarding the Marshall Friends stuffed animal I wanted for my mother,
who was going for some serious surgery. Thanks to everyone that offered
a member of their own collection, pointed out where to get one online,
or the shelters that had some for sale. Mom's surgery went great,
lasting one hour less than expected. Although there was still some work
for the docs to do inside, she was declared to be free of cancer. No
infection of fever has resulted from the surgery. She'll be in hospital
for a total of six days, just to make certain she stays free of
infection and gets nutrients through a shunt. All your prayers were
greatly appreciated. Thanks again to you all!

Ferrets really do understand about pain, physical or emotional (though
most of them are more tuned in to emotional). Rhys and Ayla stayed
perfectly still, letting me cuddle and cry all over them out of anxiety
and relief for fifteen minutes about Mom. Getting a ferret to stay
still voluntarily for any length of time is a trick, and I'm thankful
those two recognize my need for comfort. My ferrets become more special
to me every day (which really should be impossible, as much as I love
them).

With joy,
Lori in Ohio
Ferrets: Rhys, Frost, Ayla, & Codo