From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:12:43 -0500
Rich wrote:
>I recently adopted a little 4 month old silver mitt boy named Harpo.
>When he arrived at petco he had an ear infection. And when they
>treated it they discovered he is deaf!!!
>
>So if any of you have suggestions for training him I would be happy
>to hear from you ether direct e-mail, or FML.

Well, recently there has been an alert where donated items for ferrets
and donated items for ferret people are being sold at reasonable prices
to help save two ferret resources and one of those includes just the
sort of information you need. Kat hosts her pages and Wolfy's, and
Wolfy has a good bit of deaf ferret info. The sale of items is to pay
the cost of continuing those pages next year. BTW, Kat will be sending
any extra money earned from the jewelry I gave away to the SOS so if
all of it sells then the SOS will get money, too.

Here is info from an earlier post. I only listed some of Wolfy's pages
within that website so you can open the site and find what you need.

> Again, that is
> http://www.fuzzyfrenzy.com/fr/website.html
>
> to save BOTH
>
> http://wolfysluv.fuzzyfrenzy.com/
>  and
> http://www.fuzzyfrenzy.com/
>
>Be sure to click open some of the subsets like this one of how a
>ferret so hugely helped pulled a little boy from the cage of his
>autism:
> http://wolfysluv.fuzzyfrenzy.com/sean.html
>(click open on the photo to reach the index)
>
>Helping physically impaired ferrets:
> http://wolfysluv.fuzzyfrenzy.com/physically_impaired.html
>
>Helping blind ferrets (Blindness is not uncommon in ferrets but not
>all adjust as well as others.):
> http://wolfysluv.fuzzyfrenzy.com/blind_ferrets.html
>
>Helping deaf ferrets (and anyone new to ferrets need these since so
>many ferrets with white heads and even white head blazes are deaf):
> http://wolfysluv.fuzzyfrenzy.com/deaf.html
> http://wolfysluv.fuzzyfrenzy.com/test.html
> http://wolfysluv.fuzzyfrenzy.com/deaf-light.html
> http://wolfysluv.fuzzyfrenzy.com/deaf-behavior.html
>
>See
> http://www.fuzzyfrenzy.com/index2.html
>to get to see a photo of a mink, and to link to memorials, and
>articles on wide range of topics.
>
>Ferrets are crafty; that must be why so many people craft things to
>help them and their people!
>
>Now, how about buying someone a gift (even one for yourself) to help
>save these resources for yourself and others? HUGS!

Hey, with the holidays coming a bit of affordable shopping now can
provide great presents and stocking stuffers later while ALSO helping
to keep important resources. One purchase with multiple ways to feel
good about it! Just in the last 2 weeks I have provided those links to
THREE separate people who needed them, and suggested them to a fourth
who very well might but wasn't sure if her ferret had sensory loss.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html