From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 1994 05:42:32 -0400
I think I may have posted this some time ago, but I throw it in again because
of the recent thread on smuggling ferrets in California.  It's easy to do if
you're coming by way of Interstate 80.  Get yourself the CSAA/AAA map for
Lake Tahoe Region to see what I'm talking about.  Here's what you do:

You get off the interstate at the Highway 89 south exit in Truckee. Go north
of the interstate to Donner Pass Road and turn left.  This takes you around
the agriculture station and right back on the highway on the other side.
 (Pet shop where we got Mitts in Reno tipped us off to this.)  Be sure to get
off at the right exit, tho, or you'll wind up at the agriculture station with
no way to turn back!

Jennifer wrote about a male putting on a lot of weight.  Rikki, our fixed
sable male, always puts on a pretty good paunch for the winter, then loses it
come spring.  Rupert (may he RIP) was the same way.  He'd never go through
the ferret tube in the winter because of his girth, but as soon as spring
came around, he'd lose it and be back into playing with that tube.

On a more serious note, we had Mitts in to the vet today.  Had at least two
instances of lethargy and drooling from her in the past few days.  The vet
suspects a blood sugar problem and is doing a workup.  We've got our fingers
crossed that it's nothing serious, but I've seen these symptoms before ...

Skip (the dad)
Rikki (the pistol)
Mitts (the incorrigible)
Rupert and Copley (forever dooking in our memories)