From:
Lynn Burroughs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 1995 11:13:25 EST
Mason,

My previous ferret and I used to share a house with a black lab dog and an
African grey parrot.  The ferret never behaved like much of a predator,
always carefully removing Japanese beetles from his water disk without
harming them.  While living with the African grey, the concern was more for
the ferret's safety than the that of the bird.  The parrot used to crawl
under the couch after the ferret and knock the snot out of him.  However,
my new ferret Guinness is such a predator that we can't even give him toys
that squeak.  He becomes psycho and attacks everything, including me and
the other ferret.  Relations would depend on the dispositions of the animals
and the size of the parrot.  My vet thought a ferret and a grey were pretty
well matched.

Lynn