From:
tina haynes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 00:13:01 -0700
Hi I live in NH and get my wood pellets at Wal-Mart right now, they are
$2.96 for a 40 pound bag.  We have 3 ferrets and use a large high back
corner litter pan.  I put about an inch or so in the pan and scoop out
the "poop and powdered pellet matter" daily.  When they pee on the
pellets the break down into like a saw-dust.  After I scoop I "move"
the pellets from the other 2 corners into the back corner and refill what
is needed, putting the new pellets in the front corners that they don't
"go" in, there for rotating out the old the older pellets.  I empty it
completely every week and wash out the pan.  We have 2, one for the cage
and one for their "play area" out of the cage.  I go through a bag every
4-6 weeks, depending on how much gets "scooped out" during cleanings.
They are not available year round so stock up during the fall/winter.  I
plan to buy a bag a week until spring to get me thru the spring/summer
months when they are not available.  It is way cheaper than cat litter,
and safer too.  Feel free to drop me a line any time.

~~TINA~~
THE ZOO: Boomer (goofy dog), Scooter (Kitty face) and Mushi, Mouse &
Fuzzy the ferrets (aka 3 Fuzzketeers)
AOL-IM TravsWife
   ---&---
Yahoo messanger Travs_Wife