From:
C Kroupa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 10:05:33 EST
Dang!  Got carried away with that last post and completely forgot I'd
refereced "Easter" and didn't mention it!

Every Easter we used to have an Easter Egg Hunt for our pets -- at the best
one we had 3 cats and 4 ferts.... One of the ferts we still have - Drifter
the Chocoholic 5-year-old.  And one of the cats - Muggsie the (formerly)
Rotund.  Anyway, we'd hide boiled eggs colored with the food coloring &
vinegar dyes, and chocolate marshmallow bunnies, all over the living room in
places they could get to.  The ferts would find the chocolate every time...
sometimes not even bothering to sniff around .  .  .  Drifter always went
straight to it!  The cats would go for the eggs -- Shiloh liked to lick
them.  (He licked cookies too ... another story) It was all very supervised,
so no flames please.  And we only let the ferts lick (one lick) a piece of
chocolate when they found it.  It was **excruciatingly** amusing to watch!
We even tried hiding the chocolate where we *didn't* think they could find
it -- found out some interesting ferret tricks that way... heheheh look out
F.L.O.!  Ve have veys of making you divulge your secrets!.

Otter & Muggsie's Merry Mustelids
(Not to be confused with "Space-Cat & the Kitty Cadettes")