From:
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 19:20:20 -0800
I am trying to find the written recipe from Dr. Bell but have not found it
yet.  It involves whipping cream, Nupro but we forget the exact other
ingredients.  We've this year been using Sustecal, Nupro and ground Totally
Ferret with great success.  We have an extra coffee grinder and find it
works fairly well to grind the kibble.

>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret colonies of intestinal bacteria
>In short, FNW ferrets are in no way isolated from the greater ferret
>community of the Puget Sound region.  Hence, why should FNW ferrets be so
>"lucky?" Or, rather, does "luck" have little if anything to do with our
>apparent immunity?

You seem quite fond of your soup.  But there are quite a few breeders and/or
shelters in this area that have had no infection of our ferrets with ECE
either.  We haven't bee feeding yogurt to our ferrets either.  There does
seem to be something that we who have no problems do that those who have
problems do not but I have only theories about it.  It could be random
fortune or misfortune as well - just a matter of timing.

Some who apparently do excellent jobs of caring for ferrets have ECE
problems and we can not fault them.  We just don't know.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]