Date:
Sat, 6 May 1995 00:15:45 -0400
I am almost too guilt-stricken to write about this accident my 5mo old ferret
had last night but I am so happy and awed that he came out of it OK I just
had to post. To make a long story short(er) Oskar squeezed through a louvered
glass window in my bathroom and consequently plummetted 3 stories down,
hitting basically concrete with a little trash on it to help break the fall.
When I heard him scream (as he fell) I thought my husband stepped on his tail
or something but when he said Oskar had fallen out the window (he heard him
hit the ground) we dashed downstairs, broke open a small whole in a wall in
the garage (he had fallen in between 2 apartments and there was no way to go
in and get him) and listened. I was sure he was dead and I only hoped he
wasn't suffering. Almost immediately we heard the bell on his collar. My
husband went around the back and flashed a light on him and before I knew it
I saw him walking and grabbed him through the hole. I expected the worst only
to find him shaken but perfectly intact!! Does anyone have a physical
explanation as to how he could have survived? Has anyone had a similar
experience?This happened yesterday and, aside from being a little more
cautious, he fine: running,playing, eating, pooping. Any comments would be
appreciated.