From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 13:18:21 -0700
ferret and learned that she had given it to someone else who has several
ferrets, but the woman is concerned now that this may have been a mistake.
If the situation warrants it, she will try to get the ferret back, then I
will help her to find a home for this little girl.  Hopefully, we will be
able to do that locally, if not, we will have her transported wherever
necessary.

There is a possibility the ferret may have been exposed to rabies since it
was outdoors when found.  As a precaution, the ferret should be quarantined
(not allowed with other ferrets, all humans in contact with the ferret
should shower and change before handling other ferrets) for 3 weeks.
Personally, I am not as concerned about the ferret having rabies, as this is
rare in ferrets, as I am that someone will over-react and the ferret may be
confiscated by authorities and killed for testing.

I am letting you all know this to find out if anyone in the area or
surrounding areas can help in some way (with transportation, or temporary
holding, or whatever we may need) if the need should arise.  Please email me
if you can help, or know someone else who can.

I would also like to hear from shelters in that area if you can help,
even temporarily, with this situation.....Thanks.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter