Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 02:21:06 -0700
Hi Joel,

I've not had to deal with ear mites *knocks on wood* but I do wash my
ferret's stuffed animals, tents and bedding regularly. I just toss the
stuffed animals in the washing machine and wash like they are towels,
then throw them in the dryer. Yes, even the beany babies. Unless you've
got some very old bean bags made with real beans, most beany babies are
made using tiny beads of polyurethane or poly something or other and
washing them won't bother at all. Most stuffed animals use a poly fluff
stuffing too which washes well. The drying is where you want to monitor
the results. use the low or medium setting. after taking the animals
out you can test to be certain they are dry through and through by
wrapping in a paper towel and checking the towel for dampness, or if
you really want to make sure they are dry, spread them out on the dash
board of your car that is parked in the sun!

I've only had to deal with ear mites in a dog and was able to get rid
of them with the OTC product.

Has your vet cultured these mites to get an understanding of exactly
which mites you are dealing with?

Cheers,
Kim

Josie Made me do it!