From:
"Kim L. Adkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 11:38:02 -0700
Greetings and dooks to the fuzzbutts and their peoples!

I'm writing today about Allie.  She's an albino ferret of a guesstimated
age in that she's been through several owners, but she's estimated at
around 7yrs.  Other than the insulin tumors she's a happy and healthy
girl but the tumors are, of course, my concern.  At the moment she's on
prednisolone to control the seizures but Dr McCormick says she's an
excellent candidate for surgery to remove the tumors.  The meds seem to be
working okay, she hasn't had any seizures since she's been on them, but I'm
wondering about the surgery being a better long term solution.  My concern
is that a)the tumors may not be where they're supposed to be - complicating
the surgery, 2)she's an older fert anyway and would the stress on her be
worth solving the problem until the inevitable happens, and c)i've heard
many stories about ferts just not coming out of the antesthesia.  They have
such fast heartbeats that once we slow it down it might not speed up again.
I've been going over my options again and again but I could really use a
little advice on this one.  Anyone had this dilema?

Side cute story - I intorduced Allie to my 2yr old niece last week and it
was the cutest thing I ever saw.  She got a great big hug (not too tight,
Tasha.) and then Natasha gently took the sides oof Allie's face and gave
her the sweetest kiss on the nose.  Tasha was delighted that Allie returned
the favor - they were her first ferret kisses! :0)  Just too cute for
words.

Thanks and dooks to all for your help with my sweet little girl.

Allie - ear kisses are the best! but nose kisses are good too.  :0<>
Stimy - you done with those smokes?  huh?  huh?  can I have the box?
PLEEEEEZ gimmee the box!!!!  YIPPEEEEEE
Jerry - go away, I' m eating.  What?  are those raaasiiiins?  YIPPPEEEEE!
Mommy - EVERYBODY OUT OF MY CABINETS!!!!