Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 03:40:27 -0500
Our ferrets regularly get Ferretone from a syringe, so they are used
to being fed from a syringe without a problem. Recently we had to give
Metronidazole (flagyll) to Morphy for a week, along with Carafate and
Amoxi. After getting the first try with the flagyll shaken all over
us, I tried tricking him into thinking it was Ferretone. I'd put the
flagyll into the syringe first, then follow it with some ferretone, and
finally dip the end of the syringe into ferretone as well. So, he would
first lick the ferrtone off the syringe, then get fed the ferretone at
the end of the syringe, and by the time the flagyll came out of the
syringe, he was already eating so happily that he barely noticed it
going down.

Jeff
In Memory of Neo
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, and Luna