From:
Melissa Rotert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:31:28 -0800
Imagine me, blithely composing my post yesterday, titled "Being
Knowledgable," and making what I thought were some very good points.

Then imagine my horror and shame today when Sukie and Chris kindly
informed me that there is no rabies in the UK.  (Lucky chaps!)

So, I stand before you, guilty of ignorance, and of making inaccurate
statements.

In my defense, that comment was only intended to illustrate why my
discussion applied only to ferrets kept under common conditions in the
US.  My only mistake was using the UK as an example of how ferrets might
be kept under other conditions.  So, my correction is as follows:
"Ferrets kept under similar conditions and for similar uses as those
working ferrets in the UK might run a higher risk of exposure to rabies
than typical house pets."

Forgive me.  :-)

Melissa Rotert

PS: While this post is intentionally somewhat flippant, it is also
genuine.