From:
Linda Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 18:40:25 -0400
To hoomans and der owners--

Pixel, Noel, Autolycus and I just love funny books.  Big sis RoseAnne gets
one she calls MAD, and when her back was turned, we snitched it, and guess
what?  A little hooman boy in one of dose stories named Monroe wanted a pet
to impress girls wif.  De man what drawed de picshures shoed a ferret what
Monroe was thinkin about.  It looked big and mean and he called it a
vermin.  Is dat what we is?  How bout we go see dat man an steal his socks
and short-sheet his bed?  Ooops, gotta go, I hear Mom's foots comin down da
hall.  Bye agt Pearl, Del chapter of FLO

Down further in the strip, the same opinion of ferrets expressed by a pet
"adoption" lady who is shown to be irresponsible, so the artist may have
meant the portrayal in an ironic way.  But many people may not read it that
way.

Gotta find better reading material,
Linda