From:
Tommy Boye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:32:07 -0800
We are huge advocates for adopting shelter ferrets.  Four of our ten have
come from Tracy at Ferret Rescue Of Spokane (FROS).  We could never repay
her for all she has done for us.  Our first ferrets, Robert and Cheyenne
came from her, and now looking back I cannot believe the stupid questions
we would call and ask her, thankfully, her knowledge and patience helped
us through the transition of being new fuzzy parents!  We would have
never gotten this support had we bought our ferrets from a Pet Store.
She has also been there with support and encouragement for the ferrets we
adopted from the Humane Society.  Taking on a family of 6 at once can be
a tad bit overwhelming, to say the least.  lol The last two that have
became members of our family, Simon is 7, so he really needed a special
home, and his cagemate Leaus, who is 3, needed a home where she could
make new friends.  Which has so far been working out wonderfully.  It is
really nice to know that I can pick up the phone, or send her an e-mail
if I have any questions or concerns, and especially her knowing the
personality of the ferrets that she has adopted to us, she is able to
give us that support.  We could never repay her for all she has done for
us, and we are extremely thankful for the friendship that has grown
between us.

In an effort to give back just a small amount of what Tracy has given us,
we are dedicated all the proceeds from the sales of our candles to Tracy.
Just go to our web page and the information of what we have and how to
order is there.  As with any shelter, I know that she can use any and all
help that we can generate.

Also, I came across some interesting information on the Humane Society of
the United States Web Page.  The URL is http://www.hsus.org/ace/12531
It gave some interesting information on people who were getting called
off to active duty and having to leave their pets behind with other care
givers.  There was a foster agreement, and an information sheet to fill
out on each one of you pets.  Although, it was not ferret specific, it
could be altered to fit ferret needs.  There were things there that I
would have never thought of, and may help alleviate some of the problems
that just might arise when you come back from active duty.

Jenny, Tommy & The WayWard Ferrets
www.waywardferrets.com