From:
poleKATparsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:08:56 -0700
friends...

this is a very painful subject...everyone who has lost a baby deals with
renewed grief whenever it is brought up...

i have lost 16 ferrets in the last 4 years...6 of them because i had to
choose to end their life...it is one of the hardest decisions to make...
ESPECIALLY when your ferret fluctuates in his illness...

i have been just the drive away...once even the shot was being drawn out
of the bottle...when the ferret rallied...how can you justify putting an
end to that ferret's life if there is the chance he will make it?

this is not selfishness...this is giving that ferret every chance at
life...

you will know, in your heart, when it is the right time...and prematurely
sending that ferret to the bridge just is NOT fair...to you or to him...

how many ferrets have been at death's door...then with the parent's extra
special care, pulled thru and lived years more of quality life?

Euthanasia is a last resort...when you finally KNOW IN YOUR HEART that it
is time...maybe SOME people can be clinical about it...most of us can
not...

i have NEVER had a vet tell me that i should not be trying everything in
my power to save that little baby who depends on me for it's life... i
have had them cry when we finally had to give up and he had to administer
that shot....

Euthanasia is VERY PERSONAL...

i, too, felt that Kodo was suffering when i read gordon's post...but when
i thought about it...i saw that it was mostly Gordon who was suffering...

Euthanasia IS NOT/SHOULD NOT BE a snap decision...and only the parent of
that ferret can actually say when it is time...

Gordon...i am so sorry for your loss...you loved him deeply...and well...

kat

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT's Fuzzy Frenzy [+13](-16)...
Check out http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/ for my ShelterHelp pages!!!!
"The Royal Order Of Pooper Scoopers"
http://www.kwflatbed.com/hjg/hjg2.html

SOS/FML Shelter and Vet List...
http://SOS-ShelterList.supportourshelters.org
SOS Raffles...
http://sos-raffle.supportourshelters.org/

When you care about others....when you reach out to others....
 ...when you give of yourself to others...YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!