From:
"Sandy E. Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 22:22:20 EST
Aieee!!.  How ya'll are?  Don't you just glad to see me?  (I think Tater
made a very good point when he said that I watch too many of those Cajun
cooking shows on TV.) Whew!  It's finally Friday - two whole days to catch
up on the really important things in life: ferrets and ferret friends.

Thought you good folks might enjoy hearing about a little problem I had this
morning.  I have to wear a uniform at work.  Mee Maw and I are always very
careful to make sure that I have enough clean ones to last for a week.
Guess what?  This morning after I had be done put on my shirt, socks and
other stuff, I realized that I didn't have a clean pair of britches to put
on.  Without hesitation, in all my aged glory, I marched into the kitchen
and demanded that Mee Maw produce my missing, clean pants.  With a knowing
look on her kind face, she told me to ask Tater about them.

Ruh roh! Sheepishly, I went back into the bedroom and asked Tater if he knew
anything about my missing pants.  He just yawned, stretched out really flat
and suffered from a nap attack.  Hmmph.  A lot of help he was!  Feeling a
sudden insight - I just knew that he was trying to conceal something by his
lack of interest in my plight - I knelt down and felt up into the box
springs under the bed.  Guess what I done went and gone found?  You got it!
My missing, formerly clean, last pair of clean uniform britches.  Now don't
Tater just CUTE.

Mee Maw and I had to perform major triage on the britches before they were
in a decent enough shape for me to wear them to work.  BTW, don't ever let
your wife dry your pants in a microwave.  The metal zippers get really hot
and are located in a very inconvenient part of the garment's geography.
Ouch, ouch and hmmmm.  Well.  maybe...

As I rushed from the house - I was major late - I gave Tater a tentative
kiss on the top of his head.  I swear that I heard him chuckle as he smiled
at me in his sleep.  Mee Maw just gave me a big ol' laugh.  Belive it or
not, she thinks that I'm kinda cute, in my own special way.

Menu tonight at the Schieman Estate: Shrimp Creole, Seafood Gumbo, Possum
Grits, Charcoal Grilled Sows Snouts and Tater Chips.  Yum.  We are having us
one fine ol' feast tonight.  I guaaarantteeee!

Paw Paw (::-{)}~

"Senility can be fun if you can just remember how to enjoy it"