From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:53:38 -0500
I still remember the first time I met Bill. It was back in 2000 for
the Ferrets 2000 Symposium in Toronto. He came to my home before the
festivities began, just to hang out for a while :)  He was so soft
spoken and gentle and spent a lot of time playing with and
photographing my personal ferrets (I had 4 at the time) and of course
Harley "Bug".

I remember Linda Iroff presenting him with the FML Hero of the Year
award. It was at the speaker dinner that weekend in 2000 and I remember
just how bashful he was to accept it. I remember looking at him and
thinking what an incredible man he was. But, I had fallen in love with
BIG way before meeting him for the first time. Through years before, I
always had a place I could go to post about the woes of my shelter, my
personal stresses with back-yard breeders, my beloved Harley "Bug" and
the illness of my mom.

Every morning, rain or shine, winter, spring or fall, regular days or
Christmas, I always knew my FML would be in my inbox. BIG has devoted
so much of his life to the FML and to all of us to keep us in touch no
matter what. For that my dear Bill Gruber, I love you, I appreciate you
and I admire you. MANY thanks for being there for me, my shelter and
the rest of us who look forward to the FML every day. My shelter
wouldn't have survived through the tough times without the support of
you and the rest of the FML community. I love you all!! HAPPY 20th
anniversary to you BIG and to the rest of you too!!

Much love, Randy & all of us at The Ferret Aid Society

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org <http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join the IFC Ferret Aid list! Get the info FIRST!

Ferret Aid 2006 photos
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html