From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:36:28 -0500
My Dearest Pie O' Pah,

It is over. The roller coaster ride that Holly and I rode together has
come to an end. Oh how I hate "lumpfoma" She fought a brave fight but
she is just so very, very tired. She is so looking forward to getting
her shape back. You won't miss her when she comes. She'll have a pretty
white ribbon with red hearts on it, and pretty pink toenails. She had
one final picture taken with Dr. Potts just before she passed.

I hope you don't have too much trouble gathering her brothers and
sisters. Holly will be carrying her crunchy sleep sack. It brought her
great comfort in her last days. It was the only thing she's sleep in.
I also send some Friskie treats with her because she absolutely loves
them. She wouldn't have any other treats! Oh, I also sent her Christmas
stocking so she wouldn't miss it and feel sad at Christmas time.
Lastly, if you are wondering what all the paper shreddings are for, we
had a box full of them and oh how Holly loved to dig and root in them.
But please, Pie O Pah, if I send clippings from her beloved bathroom
rug, where she would scurry to get to in the bathroom, even though she
couldn't really walk anymore, could you do some Bridge magic and make
her rug come there? I couldn't pack it in the box with her. Oh, how
she loved to be on that rug more than anything. She slept so peacefully
there.

Thank you for greeting her. I know at first she will be very, very
tired. But once she feels better, look out, she's a pistol !

I have to go now Pie O' Pah. Even though I know I'll see her agin
someday, the tears just won't stop. We have spent so much time
together, including last night when we slept together on the couch,
her head resting gently on my arm.

Please take good care of her and be sure she knows that I'm sorry I had
to have Dr Potts give her a shot. I know it would have been easier for
her to just go to sleep at home with her brother, Buddy and her sister,
Ruby close by. They are missing you too.

Every night, as I put her to bed for the night, I would always kiss her
behind her ear and whisper, "Mommy loves you" Do you think you could do
that just one time, on her first night there so she won't be missing me
so much? Thank you.

Goodbye my angel, my Holly-bear
Mommy Loves You